View Full Version : Prayers
06-03-09, 10:18 PM
so ive had a bad day, i get up 2 pray and wen i start i sumtimes lose foucus and my mind is not there does my prayer count?
Br. Student of knowledge
21-03-09, 11:35 PM
Your prayer is still accepted, even if it was deficient in terms of your presence with Allah swt, however your reward would not be equivalent to the one whose prayer is performed while they are in a state of contemplation and reverance of Allah swt.
The scholars of islam have recommended several things to help a person gain conciousness during their prayer, they are:
- The mentally prepare yourself before you pray - think about the action you are about to perform and put all other things out of your mind
- while making wudu, try to be concious of Allah swt - as not having conciousness of Allah swt and concentrating during wuduu is one of the reasons for losing focus during prayer.
- While praying, refelct on the meaning of everything you are saying. For example - only read surah's from the Quran that you know the meaning of and reflect on their meaning during your prayer
- Take your time - dont try to rush. Read each verse slowly so you can comprehend the meaning of each word. Rushing through it will mean you dont know what you are saying
- Imagine that at every moment during your prayer, you have an angel on your right and one on your left that are also praying with you and that you are actively engaged in dialogue with your lord - because thats what your prayer is.
Finally - we all lose focus during our prayers. Everyone experiences this - so make duaa that Allah swt gives you focus and conciousness of Allah during your prayer, as it is one of the greatest gifts and stations one can attain.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.